August 17, 2006

An Observation...

Hmmm, I haven't much time, so I will make this short.

I was out on Independence day, and was pleasantly surprised to see so many flags displayed. I am used to just wearing the flag, you know, the kind you pin up in school. When I told my dad that, he said, try to see if any car displays the flag. Its always the poor who overtly display their patriotism. I hate to admit he was right, but I could not spot any car that sported the flag. Autos, aplenty, with atleast two flags on each. Vegetable hawkers. Those mini trucks that look like an auto. Vans. Taxis. No cars. A kid on his bicycle. No cars with flags. I don't know how much this has to do with displaying patriotism on your sleeve, and how much to do with the hip 'I don't really care', or with who would rather spend money on the flag, this is what I had started out saying... Its just, an observation!

No comments: